Supporting Publications | Special Issues
Special Issues and Call for Papers
If you are interested in contributing a paper to a special issue, please consider the following options:
- Special issue on “Sustainability in family farming” in Current Research in Environmental Sustainability. Please check out the Call for Papers for more information.
- The interdisciplinary journal Current Research in Environmental Sustainability welcomes research papers that address the topic of food security and sustainability from local, regional, and/or global perspectives. In particular we welcome papers that examine ways to address the tradeoffs between achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and advancing food security while addressing poverty, social, economic and environmental challenges at a variety of scales and in diverse socio-economic contexts.
Please select article type “VSI: Sustainability Food” when submitting your paper. Deadline for submission: 1 June 2021. Open Access fees will be waived for papers submitted in 2021.
- Call for rapid fire manuscripts in Global Food Security on foodborne zoonotic pathogens: what do we know and how can we do better?
Manuscripts should be 3,000 words or less and will undergo rapid review. Please submit your ideas to the Editor-in-Chief Jessica Fanzo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other Special Issue ideas from Session Chairs or Mini Symposia organisers, please contact Sandra Broerse at S.email@example.com.
Motivation for Global Food Security arose from concern about the difficulty scientists and policy makers have in keeping up with the expanding volume of information about the challenge of meeting human food and nutritional needs while protecting environmental services. Hence, the Journal aims to provide readers with:
1. Strategic views of experts from a wide range of disciplinary perspectives on prospects for ensuring food security, based on the best available science, in a clear and readable form for a wide audience, bridging the gap between biological, social and environmental sciences.
2. Reviews, opinions and debates that synthesize, extend and critique research approaches and findings from the rapidly growing body of original publications on global food security.
Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability aims to track the emergence of a new innovative sustainability science discipline by integrating across regional and global systems with their typical dimensions, human-environment interactions and management challenges. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability thus emphasises the actual interdisciplinary sustainability research approaches, the solutions it provides and their dissemination and application.
Current Research in Environmental Sustainability publishes new and innovative research on environmental sustainability. Environmental sustainability focusses on managing and protecting the natural resource cycles, habitats, materials and the social conditions and relationships that support and maintain functioning ecosystems that provide for human wellbeing.
Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies (IFSET) aims to provide the highest quality original contributions on new developments in food scienceand emerging technologies. The work described should be innovative either in the approach or in the methods used. The significance of the results either for the science community or for the food industry must also be specified.
Crop Protection particularly emphasizes the practical aspects of control in the field and for protected crops, and includes work which may lead in the near future to more effective control. The journal does not duplicate the many existing excellent biological science journals, which deal mainly with the more fundamental aspects of plant pathology, applied zoology and weed science. Crop Protection covers all practical aspects of pest, disease and weed control.